Bank holiday gardening

Bank holiday gardening

We moved into our ‘new house’ last September. It was a long haul go get here. We put our house on the market in October 2015 & had 3 buyers for our house throughout that time. During that (almost) year we lost hope that it would ever happen & even on moving day, which was a disaster in itself, we daren’t believe it until we had the keys in our hands.

We loved our old house & we had some lovely neighbours & friends there but our garden was the size of a postage stamp & we rarely used it for this reason. The house we have now, is lovely & the garden is perfect. It’s not huge but plenty of space for a trampoline, which was the main motivation for the kids to want to move, and some nice seating areas.

I like gardening, I’m not accomplished at all & I don’t know much about it really but I love the garden to look nice & enjoy the ‘homely’ feel it creates. We have a small bit of garden to the side of our house which we’re planning to use as a little veggie patch. We need to dig it & put some raised beds in but I’m so confused & overwhelmed at what we can plant when, it’s a whole ‘thing’!! Any advice or recommendations would be very gratefully received! We’re hoping to get some of that work done this weekend. I say we, James is less enthused about it than me. He loves the garden to look nice but hates the process.

So yes, some tips & pointers please!

Share:

7 Comments

1. June 9, 2017 / 6:12 am

It’s great to read that you’ve moved somewhere with a bigger garden. It really opens thing up for you in terms of possibilities with what you could with all that extra space!

• thekingersandi
      June 9, 2017 / 3:49 pm

It really is amazing how much difference it has made. The kids have been out there in all weathers!

2. June 9, 2017 / 9:34 am

I love gardening but it doesn’t come naturally to me – I would suggest getting lots of low maintenance but pretty shrubs that will take care of themselves and lavender is great also…plus definitely a mini vegetable patch to experiment with good luck!

3. thekingersandi
    June 9, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I’m all about low maintenance! We’ve started clearing the little bit of garden fo the veggie patch. We just need to build the raised beds and get cracking

4. June 10, 2017 / 8:32 pm

We have tried to make our garden as low maintenance as possible. It does help that it is tiny although that also means it isn’t quite as fun for the children.

5. July 8, 2017 / 7:57 am

Great Post, spotted you in UK Bloggers 🙂 Looking forward to following your blog ! Your family is so cute! I have a friend who is a mommy blogger too and it’s so brilliant! Love your blog!

• thekingersandi